The Committee of 100
The Committee of 100 is an organization of Chinese Americans dedicated to the spirit of excellence and achievement in America. All members are American citizens of Chinese descent who have achieved prominence in their respective fields, including Yo-Yo Ma, renowned cellist; I.M. Pei, master architect; Leroy Chiao, NASA Astronaut; David Ho, AIDS researcher and 1996 Time Man of the Year; Jerry Yang, founder of Yahoo; Steve Chen, co-founder of You-tube; Michelle Kwan, Olympic Ice-skater; Lucy Liu, renowned actress and U.S. Fund for Unicef Ambassador, etc. Membership to the Committee is by invitation only. The Committee’s dual mission
The C-100 Leadership Scholarship Program (LSP)
- Promoting the full participation of all Chinese Americans in American society and acting as a public policy resource for the Chinese-American community
- Promoting constructive dialogue and relationships between the peoples and leaders of the US and Greater China
Launched by C-100 in 2005, the LSP is a scholarship program designed to help young Chinese reach their greatest potential. Since its inception, the LSP has recognized over 200 students for their outstanding achievements. The LSP program is part of C-100’s commitment to fostering educational and bilateral exchanges between the United States and China. Supporting the academic aspirations of today’s brightest youth will ensure that these bridges will continue to grow well into the future.Overview of the EventAfternoon Mentor Program
The C-100 Leadership Scholarship Program will be a half-day event to honor LSP Scholarship Recipients and feature a plenary session which dedicates to building a stronger trust between U.S. and Chine by next generation and mentor program, culminating with a gala dinner. During break-out sessions, you will be able to have close dialogue with some of the most powerful and successful leaders in the world. Four crucial topics:
- CSR: We invited expects of CSR programs to share experiences and answer your questions;
- Entrepreneurship: Hearing from successful entrepreneurs and learn how to maximize individual and collective economic and social success on a local, nation, and global scale.
- Innovation: In today's competitive global market, innovation is one of the keys. Taking this chance learn more about how to make increased innovation a big advantage for you.
- Leadership: Strong leadership is a key of leading successful business, however, leaders are not always born but developed. During this session, you will start to learn.
This event will be a platform for C-100 members to highlight their efforts in cultivating next-generation leaders. By engaging with the participating students, speakers will encourage academic excellence, foster cross-cultural understanding and promote US-China relations to empower the young leaders of tomorrow.