AngelHack Beijing Hackathon 2019 - July 13-14th
Every year, AngelHack adventures across the globe for our yearly Global Hackathon Series.
The Global Hackathon Series was initially started by a small community of technologists with one goal in mind: to develop opportunity wherever possible.
What started as a way for creators to connect and move their ideas forward turned into a global revolution. Soon, innovators from around the world were joining forces to elevate themselves and their platform - all of which was done through Hackathons.
And while we've seen lots of changes since the early Hackathon days, one thing has remained the same - innovators are continuing to rise. Innovators rise to meet opportunity, they rise from failure, they rise from all corners of the globe, and they lend a hand to help others rise with them. It's why the Global Hackathon Series is still going strong to this day, because Hackathons and the opportunities they create allow people to rise, together.
CHALLENGES & PRIZES
We offer our own Grand Prize AND team up with awesome partners who have their own challenges and prizes you can go after. Aiming for the HACKcelerator invite? Only in it for some cool hardware? Good news, you can go for as many challenges as you want!
AngelHack Challenge: Challenge yourself and your entrepreneurial spirit. Make something innovative without limits, something that brings positive change to the world, even something that solves a small problem. It's that simple.
AngelHack Prize: The winning team from each hackathon will receive $500 and an invite into AngelHack's HACKcelerator program.
Challenge 2: Future of Transportation
Challenge: SKODA AUTO DigiLab China Challenge: Come to crack the micro-mobility challenge with eco-friendly solutions. Develop a concept which offers attractive and convenient transportation for short distances in Beijing. It can be more than just a bicycle. Ideated projects are welcome too; show the vision of your product or service idea with wireframes, scetches or coded app solutions.
Prize: Chance to work with Skoda; 5,000 prize in RMB via AngelHack China
Challenge: Get started for the 2019 Call for Code Global Challenge by building an application using cloud, data, analytics, AI, IoT, blockchain to improve disaster preparedness, response, recovery or building back better focused on the health and well-being of individuals and communities. Join the Call for Code community at ibm.biz/ah-2019 then use this visual recognition drone lab as a starting point to kickstart your solution: ibm.biz/ah-2019-dl
Prize: One winning submitted project will receive $1k per team and $500/month IBM cloud credits per team member for 6 months.
Challenge: Use AWS Amplify to build a mobile or web application that connects to at least one AWS service. To get started with AWS Amplify and for a curated list of tools, tutorials, and example projects, check out Awesome AWS Amplify. For a list of resources to get started with AWS, check out our AWS Hackathon Guide.
Prize: The best working mobile or web app that connects to at least one AWS service will win one (1) custom AWS-branded mechanical keyboard (104-key, Cherry MX Browns!) per team member and $1,000 in AWS credits for the team.
All attendees will also receive $100 in AWS credits during the Hackathon
Who Can Participate
One principle that has guided this community since its first Hackathon is that everyone is welcome. Great ideas stem from discussion, and we believe the best discussions start by talking to someone whose background or experiences might differ from your own. With this in mind, we invite all startups, developers, entrepreneurs/ideators, and designers who are passionate about creating to join regardless of experience level, geographic location, or similar factors. And if you're under 18 we ask that you bring along a parent or guardian when you check-in so they can sign a participation waiver.
July 13-14th, 2019 Beijing
Innoway, 48 Haidian West Street, Haidian District, Beijing
Day 1 (July 13, 2019)
9:00 AM : Doors Open & Breakfast snack
10:00 AM : Opening Ceremony, Sponsor Welcomes, & Team Building
11:00 AM : Coding Kick Off
1:00 PM : Lunch
7:00 PM : Dinner
9:00 PM : Pitch Workshop
10:00 PM : Evening special
11:00 PM : Midnight snack
*Venue open overnight
Day 2 (July 14, 2019)
8:00 AM : Breakfast
12:00 PM : Lunch
1:00 PM : Code Freeze & Submission Deadline on hackathon.io
1:30 PM : A/V Check
2:00 PM : Demos
4:00 PM : Winners are Announced / Prizes!
THE SEVEN ANGELHACK HACKATHON RULES:
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these:
1. Fresh Code - We all start coding at the same time. It's cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review - Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP - You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
4. Team Size - No more than five people.
5. Submissions - Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You'll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that.
6. Demos - You'll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
7. Be cool to your fellow hackers! Check out our Code of Conduct.
To see the full rules and eligibility criteria, please check out the Participation Agreement.
How is the hackathon judged?
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges' scores:
● Fundability: How fundable is this idea? Is there potential for a sustainable business model? Is this scalable? (0-5 points)
● Execution: How well was the project executed and explained? Did they add a demo video? (0-5 points)
● UI/UX: Beyond design, was the end-to-end user experience for the solution considered? (0-5 points)
● Originality: How original, creative or unique is the idea? Is there a competitive advantage? (0-5 points)
● Team: Is there a diverse team presented? Do they have a range of complementary skill sets for the project? (0-5 points)
Executive of Digital Platform and Developer Ecosystem at IBM
Co-Founder & COO of She Loves Tech
Managing Director China of Ventum Consulting
BD of Developer Ecosystem, IBM Digital Business Group at IBM
Connected Car Test Center Manager at Volkswagen Group China
Head of Digital Transformation at ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab China
Zhongguancun Innoway 中关村创业大街
Innoway, 48 Haidian West Street, Haidian District, Beijing
Take the subway line 10 to Suzhoujie or line 4 to Zhongguancun
Sponsor and Partner Opportunities
Want your organization to be involved in a global technology and innovation movement seeking to spread opportunity across the world (APAC, Latin America, North America, MENA)? A limited set of sponsorships are still available. For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.